In this course, delegates will develop an understanding of the role of a healthcare worker, the importance of personal development planning and how healthcare workers can expand their knowledge, skills and understanding. The course also explains how duty of care contributes to safe practices.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand their own role
- Work in ways which have been agreed with the employer
- Understand working relationships in health and social care and working in partnership
- Understand how to agree to a personal development plan
- Develop own knowledge, skills and understanding
- Understand how duty of care contributes to safe practices
- Understand the support available for addressing dilemmas that may arise in relation to duty of care
- Deal with comments, complaints, incidents, errors and near misses
- Deal with confrontation and difficult situations
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – (4 hours) Half Day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum