Delegates will be taught the fundamentals of pressure sore care with a focus on industry standard prevention methods. They will also learn specifically about the factors which can lead to the development of pressure sores, how to identify infection and ways in which it can be treated.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role of the carer when providing personal care
- Understand incontinence and its control
- Understand the importance of personal hygiene procedures
- Understand pressure sores and how they can be avoided
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – Theory (3 hours) Half day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements.
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum.