In this course, delegates will develop an understanding of the importance of hydration and suitable nutrition. This course will cover topics including the importance of food safety, signs and symptoms of poor nutrition and hydration and how to support individuals to gain access to fluids, food and nutrition in accordance with their care plan.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of hydration, nutrition and food safety
- Recognise the symptoms when a person is not eating or drinking properly
- Understand how to support individuals to have access to fluids in accordance with their care plan
- Understand how to support individuals to have access to food in accordance with their care plan
- Understand and use food labels
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – (3 hours) Half Day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum