This course is designed for staff working within a care environment and is in line with the National Minimum Standards Requirements and recent CQC guidelines. Delegates will gain an understanding of the legislation involved with administration of medication, along with being able to follow procedures set for safe administration of medication. Delegates will also gain an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and security in all procedures of drug administration.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand their obligations and those of their employer in regards to the documentation and the administration of medication
- Understand how medication should be stored
- Understand different types of medication and how they work
- Learn about common adverse reactions
- Learn about the seven guidelines of administration of Medication
- Learn about controlled drugs and oxygen
- Understand the consequences of drug errors
- Learn how to dispose of medication
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – (4 hours) Half Day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum