This course will ensure that delegates are aware of the causes of falls so that they can determine when a person is at risk. Delegates will also learn about the effects of falls both physical and psychological, as well as ways they can help those who have fallen. Fall prevention training is ideal for staff working in the care sector especially those working primarily with the elderly.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by falls in the work place
- The costs associated with falls in the workplace
- The key legislation relating to falls in the workplace
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment in relation to falls
- Different methods of fall management and prevention
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – (3 hours) Half Day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum