This training is aimed at anyone working in a role where they are required to care for people with life-limiting illnesses and ensures that delegates gain an increased understanding of what the role of a palliative carer entails. The course covers a range of theories, therapies and techniques which delegates can apply in order to approach their role with confidence.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand key principles of palliative care and end of life care
- Understand the principles of good practice within the process of advance care planning
- Understand the purpose of assessment in end of life care
- Understand what is included in a holistic assessment
- Understand the core steps in the assessment of symptoms to reach a diagnosis
- Understand the principles of good communication in end of life care
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – (3 hours) Half day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements.
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum