This course aims to help delegates play a role in helping those they support to live their life to the full and be included. The course achieves this by showing delegates the concepts and techniques which underpin and make possible effective communication with service users with a wide range of care needs.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- The importance of effective communication at work
- How to meet communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals
- How to promote effective communication
- The principles and practices relating to confidentiality
- The importance of handling information correctly
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – (3 hours) Half Day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum