This Dementia Awareness training course has been designed as an introduction to the subject and to make staff feel more confident about caring for someone with the condition. The course covers all aspects of dementia, including the symptoms to look out for, information on how dementia is diagnosed and tips for changes that can be made to a person’s home and lifestyle in order to make everyday living easier.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Improve care delivered to people with dementia
- Support relationships of people with dementia
- Understand the reasons for behaviours we may find difficult
- Understand the different types of dementia
- Understand what it may be like to have dementia
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – (3 hours) Half Day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum