Our training course provides delegates with a clear understanding of the main forms of malpractice they could encounter at work and it explains the simple steps they can take to report it. This course will help your organisation ensure that everyone is able to take an active role in tackling malpractice, an essential step to keep high standards of service.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legislation and standards governing raising concerns at work
- Understand the importance of raising concerns in an appropriate manner
- Understand the difference between a grievance and a public interest disclosure
- Understand the roles of the employee and manager with regard to raising concerns
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – (3 hours) Half Day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum