An in-depth training course exploring how person-centred care puts people and their families at the centre of any care and support decisions or intervention. Content includes assessment and support planning, through to provision of care in residential or home care settings.
Each delegate will receive a course workbook. This includes key information notes from the course and activities to complete throughout the session. These workbooks can be taken away by the delegates at the end of the session to use as reference.
At the end of the training session, delegates will be able to:
- Understand legislation and standards governing person centred care
- Understand the meaning and importance of person centred care
- Understand the importance of good communication
- Understand how to promote choice and independence
- Understand how to improve care delivered to ensure person centred care
- Target Audience – All Staff
- Training Course Duration – Theory (3 hours) Half day
- Certification – Upon successful completion of the session questionnaire and practical elements.
- No. of Participants – 12 maximum.